We have all suffered that little heart attack once again when discovering that our iPhone has been blocked. When an Apple mobile is frozen in the company logo you should not lose your temper because there are different solutions that can bring the smartphone back to life. Today we are going to review all the solutions that prevent us from extending this trauma.
How can you clearly recognize the origin of the problem? It is really quite complicated because an app that is causing a mismatch in the system can be an erroneous update, to cite the two most common examples. All we know is that your iPhone has got stuck on the Apple logo screen and it won’t work at all. You cannot use any of its functions and pressing the start button is useless. You can turn off the iPhone with the power button, but you will not return to the same situation right away.
What can you do?
Turn off and on iPhone
The most basic solution is to try to force the iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone 11, iPhone 8 or any other phone of the Cupertino company to go through this problem. This is the first option that we will use when we see that our iPhone is frozen in the Apple logo, but if the problem is repetitive, it will not work in most cases.
To do so, simply turn off the smartphone by pressing the power button and, once turned off, turn it on again to see if it starts normally.
It is, in all likelihood, the best solution to an iPhone that has been locked on the logo screen. By respecting our iPhone, the mobile will automatically restart freeing memory, closing conflicting processes and presumably eliminating the failure that prevented the correct execution of the phone.
To do it on the new iPhone you must…
- Press the volume up button
- Press the volume down button at the same time
- Release them and hold the side button for about 10 seconds
- Release this side button when you see the Apple boot screen
Enter recovery mode
We can use the computer to try to get the iPhone out of this state. To do this you must have the latest version of iTunes and connect the mobile to the computer by cable. Then you must execute the phone reset mode by following these combinations:
- iPhone 8 and later: quickly press and release the volume up button. Quickly press and release the volume down button. Finally, press and hold the side button until you see the recovery mode screen.
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus: press and hold the top (or side) button and the volume down button at the same time. Press and hold until you see the recovery mode screen.
- iPhone 6s and earlier versions: press and hold the home button and the top (or side) button at the same time. Press and hold until you see the recovery mode screen
From among the options that appear on the screen, select update and iTunes will try to reinstall the operating system without deleting your data. The process will take about 15 minutes.
Enter DFU mode
A hard reset could return the phone to its factory state with the subsequent deletion of data, but since the smartphone is frozen in the Apple logo we cannot do it from the smartphone settings. In this case we must resort to more complex processes and our last option is to access the DFU mode of the iPhone , which allows you to return it to its original state when it is locked or frozen.
This is the most intensive form of iPhone restoration, and should only be used as a last resort. These are the steps to follow:
- Turn on the iPhone
- Connect it to the computer using the telephone cable
- Open iTunes on your computer, and check that your iPhone appears in the program interface
- On the iPhone, press the volume up button immediately followed by the volume down button
- Then release them to press and hold the side power button until the iPhone screen turns black
- Release the side button and then press and hold the side button and decrease volume simultaneously for approximately five seconds
- Now release the side button, but continue pressing the volume down button
- Wait a few seconds and you will see how the phone enters DFU recovery mode. You open it because it says «iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes ».
Now you must follow the steps indicated by iTunes to completely restore the iPhone, assuming the loss of data from the device but, fortunately, allowing it to be used normally after passing the Apple logo.